Large Indian Multinational IT Corporation
Datamato’s relationship with this client goes back to late 2013. The client started with acquiring limited licenses, more as a way of checking out the capabilities and value-add the IBM tools brought to their business. Datamato, by providing free services to start with and then later on implementing various successful Proof-of-concepts (POCs), was able to highlight the true potential and value-add IBM tools and related process brought. This resulted in increased adoption of tools across AUTOSAR SBU.The end-results being year-on-year there was a visible uptrend in number of IBM licenses being procured by the client. Culmination of the process being in 2015, wherein Datamato successfully pitched-in with token-model as preferred licensing mode to the client and ensured a lock-in for next 3 years.
Business Needs/Pain-Points :
- Requirement Management:
- a)No formal way of capturing and versioning requirements
- b)Lack of traceability, leading to missed requirements and delayed Product-development. Root cause being, no tool integration across life-cycle activitie
- a)Poor quality products due to higher complexity and dependency on decentralized / geographically distributed team.
- b)Management Visibility or lack thereof: Challenge to get a snapshot of entire development efforts at any given point-of-time.
- c)Plethora of tools/technologies being used.
- d)Management complexities for product-variants at different maturity status and accompanying difficulties in propagating fixes across variants.
- Optimization opportunity in:
- a)Change Management
- b)Defect Management
- c)Project Management and
- Limited code re-usability
- IBM Rational suite of Products, including but not limited to:
- a)Rational Rhapsody
- b)DOORS Next Generation (DNG)
- c)Rational Team Concert (RTC)
- d)Rational Quality Manager (RQM)
- e)Rational Publishing Engine
- Consulting and Services support – for implementation, execution, and reporting, to effectively leverage IBM CE tools
- Training : On-Job (OJT) and Hands-on
- Provided IBM CE software tools and services for entire development life cycle
- Helped the client to implement new requirements management, Change Configuration management and modelling system – based on IBM tool components, as mentioned above
- Conducted focused session on IBM Continuous engineering for customer audience at customer-premises, to ensure that all concerned resources have understanding and awareness of available tools and the same can be effectively leveraged to achieve the objectives
- Provided implementation and execution services for the client to have work-flow based logical, multiple development phases – stitched together with appropriate quality-gates and requisite validations
- 1. Requirement coverage increased by 25%
- 2. 17% increase in overall efficiency, because of end-to-end traceability and improved team communication
- 3. 26% increase and uptrend captured in Project Visibility, thanks to IBM’s real time dashboard and the required customization implemented/executed by Datamato
- 4. Continuous verification of requirements and design, at all stages of product lifecycle led to fewer defects and hence lower rework-efforts, thus achieving faster time-to-market, with enhanced quality
- 5. SCM activities like, source-code Check-in/Check-out performance increased by 21%
- 6. Total Development efforts, including lower rework time – reduced by 15%
- 7. Strategic re-use across the engineering lifecycle to increase design efficiency and tame complexity